ALTERNATIVE INCA TRAIL
4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
This trek is ideal for travellers wishing to get off the beaten track but still take in the breathtaking ruins of Machupicchu. It is a wonderful trek taking you through rural communities in the breathtaking Sacred Valley of the Incas. We enjoy a wide variety of flora, fauna, wildlife and spectacular scenery! On our last day we are rewarded with the magnificent Machupicchu.
Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani.
Early morning rise. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and we drive through the Sacred Valley turning off at the town of Calca to head to Lares village – the drive takes around 3 hours.Once we arrive into the town we go up to the Hot Springs where we can relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs. Lunch is provided here. Our bus awaits us during this time and we then continue our journey for around 20mins to the start of the trail known as PASCANA. From here we start our hike to Quishaurani. Here we meet up with our horseman and pack the horses. The trek will take us around 2.5hrs. When we arrive our campsite would have been set up for us. In the free time that we have we can meet some of the locals “campesinos” and see some weaving techniques. This is a lovely day filled with great landscapes and the opportunity to visit several Andean villages. (Lunch, Dinner).
Day 2: Quishuarani - Cancha Cancha
This morning we depart early as this is going to be our longest day on the trail. We will hike approx. 7 hours today with a midday lunch break. We start our ascent to the highest point of the trek, Pachacutec Pass (4,450m). From the pass you will be rewarded with superb views of Pachacutec Lake and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. The path then continues down hill for about 2.5hrs to the village of Cancha Cancha where we have our campsite waiting for us. Today you have a chance to see an abundance of wildlife, fauna and flora. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After a delicious breakfast we start our easy hike today. We will walk down hill for approx. 5 hours hiking to the village of Huaran. From there we take local transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – a beautiful well preserved Andean town. Depending on your train time, you will have some time to explore before boarding the train to Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
Day 4: Machu Picchu! - Cusco.
A very early start after breakfast in order that we can arrive in time for sunrise at Machupicchu. We take the first bus up at 5.30am. There will be a 2 hour fully guided tour around the ruins, visiting the main sites and monuments. After the tour you will have free time to wander around and explore by yourself. In the afternoon we take the train back to Cusco, where you will be transferred back to your hotel. (Breakfast).
- Transfer from airport to hotel in Cusco.
- Information Walk to be held and delivery of maps.
- Pick up of your hotel.
- Professional Guide.
- Cook, porters, mules and porters.
- Food during the trek. (2B, 3L, 3D).
- Camping equipment (tents, mattress, cooking equipment).
- Train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus up and down in Aguas Calientes / Machupicchu / Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Return on backpacker train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Moving the station to the hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast the first day, lunch on the fourth day.
- Sleeping bag.
- Discount of $ 20.00 with International Student Card (ISIC Card).
- A mule and extra carrier (12 kilos) for the personal equipment $ 60.00.
- Rent a sleeping bag Pen $ 20.00 all the way.
- Rent a normal sleeping bag $ 15.00 all the way.
- Rent $ 20.00 a backpack all the way.
- Return on Vistadome increase $ 35.00 per person.